Flight travel: Things you should keep in mind before boarding
New Delhi : So, you have purchased flight tickets, booked hotel room, packed your luggages and checked the place you are going to visit. But, are they enough to get set for a smooth travel. Certainty not! You have to take care of a few things before you step inside the airport.
Lately, a wired incident in Thomas Cook Airlines flight has caught global attention. A woman passenger was wearing a cropped top with spaghetti straps and high-waist pants that exposed a section of her midriff. The staff member of the airlines considered her dress offensive and ordered her to cover up or leave the flight. Though the airlines have apologized for disgrace toward the woman, she mentioned it as the most embarrassing travel experience of her life. So, if you don't want to feel embarrassed anyhow in the airport or flight, then be sure to note down the following things to consider:
- Opt for smart and comfortable dress so that you don’t have to give extra attention to your attire.
- Have passports, IDs & visas ready for air travel
- Be sure to take travel insurance
- For some regions of the world, immunizations are necessary prior to travel. Be sure to consult your doctor.
- Size up your own toiletries. Carry-on liquids, gels, and aerosols have to be 3.4 fluid ounces or less and fit in a clear, quart-size bag.
- Carry extra pair of dress in your hand baggage
- Don't forget to carry credit card/debit card in your wallet
- Take power bank to charge your phone, laptop, if required on the way.
- Do not carry batteries, needles, tools like screwdrivers, wrenches in your hand baggage.
- Be sure to take medically necessary liquids and pills, if required.
- Don't overload your travel with extra luggages. Travel with easy and light backpacks
- Always print out your boarding pass or take screenshot of boarding pass in your mobile phone.