Himachal Pradesh government makes E-Pass mandatory to travel
Shimla : One day after thousands of vehicles from neighbouring states created a fuss in Himachal Pradesh, the government issued a fresh advisory for people entering the state. Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur made it clear that all the travellers must register themselves online and obtain an e-pass before entering the state. He also urged tourists to follow all COVID-19 related protocols.
“I request tourists to adhere to these guidelines, wear the facemasks and maintain social distancing,” the chief minister said on Sunday.
How to apply E-pass for Himachal Pradesh: A step by step guide
• Visit e-pass website—covid19epass.hp.gov.in
• Click on Apply for E-pass
• Select request type—Coming to Himachal, Going out and coming back to HP (within 72 hours), Within state crossing interstate barriers
• Submit movement details and fill the form
• Upload your identification proof.
• Once your application will be approved, you will receive an SMS.
• Download the E-Pass or you can take a print out
Himachal Pradesh recently announced fresh guidelines with some relaxations in its fight against coronavirus. According to the new issued guidelines, the travellers do not require an RT-PCR report to enter the state and local buses can ply with 50 per cent occupancy.
The timing for opening the shops has been increased from 9 am to 5 pm. However, the shops except those of essential commodities will remain closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
It was also decided that the offices will function with 50 per cent of staff from June 14. All the medical colleges, ayurvedic colleges and dental colleges will open from June 23. Pharmacy and nursing schools will open from June 28.