IRCTC Premium Tatkal Tickets: New booking Rules, timings and charges
New Delhi : IRCTC or Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation comes with a quota based service – Premium Tatkal – for booking online tickets on the official portal irctc.co.in and mobile app.
Under Premium Tatkal, the train prices are dynamic just like the airlines; under this the prices keep on changing with every booking on the train. With obvious reasons, the passengers are required to shell out some extra money than other booking options to get a seat under this service.
Tatkal ticket charges, meanwhile, have been fixed as a percentage of fare at the rate of 10 per cent of basic fare for second class and 30 per cent of basic fare for all other classes subject to minimum and maximum.
Here are five must know things about the Premium Tatkal ticket service by IRCTC
1. Advance Reservation Period (ARP) of 'Premium Tatkal' ticket booking is same as Tatkal ticket booking. Premium Tatkal booking opens at 10 AM for AC classes and 11 AM for non-AC classes, according to IRCTC.
2. RAC (Reservation Against Cancellation)/ Waitlist ticket bookings are not allowed under this quota. Agents are also not allowed to book tickets in Premium Tatkal quota. On the other hand, the web services agents of IRCTC are permitted to book one ticket per train per day online for 'Tatkal ticket' bookings, according to IRCTC.
3. Only e-tickets (online) are permitted for booking. I-ticket (offline) booking is not allowed under PT quota.
4. No concession is applicable in this quota, according to IRCTC. Also, no refund is given to passengers in case of cancellation of confirm Premium Tatkal (PT) quota ticket.
5. All other rules for tatkal quota booking over internet is applicable to Premium Tatkal quota also, notified IRCTC.