Apple iPhone dual SIM update: Here's how to enable the function
New Delhi : Finally, Apple has launched the dual-SIM functionality applicable in its gadgets like iPhone XS, XS Max and iPhone XR. The new change is now available via the iOS 12 .1 update. However, though Apple says that the phone has has two SIMs option, the traditional implementation of two physical SIM cards is only available in China.
As per official report, Apple will be introducing the option of one physical SIM and one eSIM. So, if you are an Apple phone user and want to enable this dual-SIM functionality and eSIM, then you need to follow the mentioned steps. As of now, only Jio and Airtel have the option of supporting eSIMS
Steps to enable dual-SIM on your iPhone XS or XR
- Update your phone to iOS 12.1
- Send in SMS to 121 eSIM< for converting your SIM to eSIM.
- An email from Airtel will come with a QR code
- Keep this QR code open on another device
- Now go to settings on your iPhone XS/XR and got to Cellular, add Cellular Plan. Use your iPhone to scan the QR code that your carrier provided.
- After scanning the code a confirmation SMS will be sent to which you have to reply with '1' within 60 seconds of the message's arrival.
- You shall receive a call for verification and after a few hours, your SIM will be activated.
You must know that by default, your physical SIM will be your main SIM card used for voice, SMS, mobile data, iMessage, and FaceTime. The secondary SIM can be used for calls and sending SMS only. These preferences can be changed by visiting the menu option in your phone.