Easy tricks to import contacts from an Android phone to Apple iPhone
New Delhi : Gadget lovers usually love to switch over from one mobile to another. But one thing that concerns is transferring files from old one to the new phone. Here, in this article we will help you to port contacts from Android to iPhone more easily than before.
In case you want to transfer your contacts from an Android phone to the iPhone you can follow these two simple steps.
First, save a local copy of your contact list
Export all the contacts to your phone’s internal memory or microSD card and save it in the form of CSV or vCard files. Following this, you can transfer the contact list to a laptop via the phone cable or mail as well. Your contacts can then be imported to iCloud or Google.
Second, sync contacts with your Gmail account
For syncing contact, make sure that you have signed in to the primary Gmail account in your Android handset. After signing to your Google account, follow these steps:
Step 1: Tap on the Android phone settings and select ‘Users & accounts’ option
Step 2: Following this select ‘Automatically sync data’
Step 3: The contact list will then be synced
Once the contacts are synced, open your new iPhone, open the Settings app, scroll down and tap Accounts and Passwords, and add your Gmail account. Please ensure that your contacts are enabled for the account.
In case you want to export the contact files to your other Gmail account and then transfer it to the iPhone, here is how you can do it. First, open your Google account on your Android phone and then follow these simple steps:
1. Tap on the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) on the left side
2. Scroll down and select ‘Contacts’ option
3. Under the ‘Contacts’ option, you will see ‘Settings’
4. Click the Settings button and it will show you the export option
5. Tap the Gmail account (the other account added in your Google list) in which you want to export the files, tick the box
6. Then tap on the ‘Export to .VCF file’ and it will export the files to the respective account
In case, you are unable to follow the aforesaid steps, then, upload your local copy of contact list into contacts.google.com, search for the import button and follow the instructions.