CEO dies after phone explosion: How to save your phone from catching fire
New Delhi : In an unfortunate incident that took place a few days back, a Malaysian CEO died after his smartphone exploded. Though the exact make of the smartphone is yet to be recovered, but is said that the CEO of Cradle Fund Nazrin Hassan was using devices from BlackBerry and Huawei.
Notably, this is not one case of smartphone fire causing death. Similar cases have been reported from many countries including many in India. Experts say that one of the biggest causes of these smartphone explosions is its battery. Smartphones comes in lithium-ion batteries, which heat themselves and may become hotter while being charged. So, to help people to protect their smartphones from catching fire, we bring some simple tips which can possibly reduce accidents to almost 95%.
• Use original chargers
It's always best to use the charger that comes with your smartphone. In case the charger gets lost or starts malfunctioning, always replace it with branded chargers. Fake and unbranded chargers cause one of the biggest risk when it comes to charging the handset.
• Go opt for manufacturer batteries
Just like chargers, you must consider original batteries, always. So in case, your smartphone's battery needs to be changed, ensure that you get it replaced with the original one.
• Avoid charging for long hours
Just stop that practice of charging your smartphone for long hours as this may lead to overheating. So, always remember to unplug once the phone is charged.
• Avoid direct sunlight
Avoid charging your smartphone in direct sunlight or other hot places like near the car's dashboard, especially for long hours. This may make the heating issue worse. The accepted temperature is usually 0 to 45 degree centigrade.
• Take repairing services from authorised centres
This too is a must follow. Always get your smartphone repaired only at authorised centres. This is important to ensure that its authenticated and original parts are not affected.
• Never charge your phone on uneven surfaces
This is a common mistake, leaving our smartphones under the pillow to charge. This too needs to be avoided as it may too cause your smartphone to overheat and catch fire.
• Don't exert pressure
Never try to exert pressure on your smartphone, say keeping it below a heavy thing in your bag.
• Remove case while charging
Consider removing the case while charging your smartphone, as cases restrict heat dissipation while charging.