WhatsApp private chatting feature: Here's how to use
New Delhi : Currently, WhatsApp is the most popular instant messaging app in the world. The Facebook-owned platform comes with various features to offer best of user experience. A recent report suggest that the company has rolled out the private reply feature for beta users through which users can chat privately on WhatsApp in a group. Sounds interesting, isn't it! The feature is new and most of us may not be well acquainted about it. In this article, we will tell you how to chat privately on WhatsApp.
To inform all, the private reply feature on WhatsApp was spotted almost a year back, when the company mistakenly rolled out the feature for Windows Phone via a beta update. However, the update was quickly removed from the OS.
Coming to the newly ‘Reply Privately’ feature, it basically allows WhatsApp users to send messages privately to a WhatsApp group member without letting others participants in the group know about it. The feature was introduced with WhatsApp beta version 2.18.335 and was first spotted by Wabetainfo.
Steps to chat privately on WhatsApp group
- Since the feature is currently available only for WhatsApp beta users, you will have to be a beta tester of the app.
- Existing beta users will need to update to the latest version of WhatsApp beta i.e. 2.18.335.
- Once the app is updated, navigate to any WhatsApp Group and long press on the person’s name whom you want to reply privately.
- Now, tap on the three dots on the top right corner of the app and select the Reply Privately option to send your message privately.
- Your message will be received by the contact as a personal chat.
It must be noted that the new WhatsApp beta update is a little buggy and when you try to delete a media in the chat, it might crash.