Donald Trump picks James Mattis for secretary of defense; 9 quotes that define ‘Mad Dog’
Los Angeles : In a shocking judgement, President-elect Donald Trump on Friday chose retired Marine Gen. James Mattis to head the Department of Defense.
Trump’s announcement came as a surprise during a rally in Cincinnati on Thursday night when the crowd went berserk over his decision.
Theatrically Trump said, "We are going to appoint Mad Dog Mattis as our secretary of defense. But we're not announcing it 'til Monday, so don't tell anyone — Mad Dog. He's great. He is great."
Known as a blunt military strategist, Mattis is a tough talking retired Marine general nicknamed "Mad Dog" who during the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003 famously led the 1st Marine Division's rapid drive into Baghdad.
9 quotes that define James Mattis also known as ‘Mad Dog’:
1. ‘It’s quite fun to shoot them, you know. It’s a hell of a hoot. It’s fun to shoot some people.’
2. ‘There are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.’
3. ‘I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all.’
4. ‘Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.’
5. ‘There are some people who think you have to hate them in order to shoot them. I don’t think you do.’
6. ‘In a country with millions of people and cars going everywhere, the enemy is going to get a car bomb out there once in awhile.’
7. ‘PowerPoint makes us stupid.’
8. ‘I get a lot of credit these days for things I never did.’
9. “Engage your brain before you engage your weapon.”