India, Australia to clean River Ganga; Modi pays tribute at War Memorial
Melbourne : India and Australia will now be collaborating to clean River Ganga.
- The announcement was made during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Australia.
- The joint statement came after both sides welcomed the two-way exchanges and cooperation in river basin planning under the water partnership.
- To encourage research both sides also welcomed co-operation between Australian and Indian universities.
- Prime Minister Modi kickstarted his day with a visit to the War Memorial.
- He paid his tributes to those Australians who had died at war while serving their country. Watch Video
- He was accompanied by his Australian PM Tony Abbott, where he laid a wreath in the Hall of Memory.
- He observed few minutes of silence as a mark of respect.
- He also signed the visitor's book before leaving the place.
- On Monday, he addressed thousands of Indians from Sydney.