Mehul Choksi accuses Indian agencies of 'kidnaping' him
New Delhi : Back to Antigua and Barbuda after getting bail in Dominica under medical condition, Mehul Choksi blamed Indian agencies of an alleged 'kidnaping' attempt, news agency ANI reported.
"I'm back home but this torture has left permanent scars on my psychology and physically rather than permanent scars on my soul. I couldn't imagine after closing all my business and seizing all my properties, kidnapping attempt would be made on me by Indian agencies," he was quoted as saying.
Earlier on Thursday, he landed back in Antigua and Barbuda where he has been hiding since 2018 after fleeing India. For the last 51 days, he was jailed in Dominica for allegedly trying to enter the country illegally.
On Monday, he was granted bail after his lawyer submitted a CT Scan report of him and said he urgently needs medical care.
He deposited the bail of 10,000 East Caribbean Dollars or roughly ₹ 2.7 lakh and flew back to Antigua in a chartered plane wearing a shirt and shorts, Antigua News Room reported on Thursday.
"The services are not currently available on the island (Dominica). All courtesies extended to him would be greatly appreciated," the CT scan report dated June 29 signed by Doctors Yerandy Galle Gutierrez and Rene Gilbert Veranes of Princess Margaret Hospital of Dominica said.
Mehul Choksi is wanted in India in the ₹ 13,500 crore Punjab National Bank fraud case.