Demonetisation: Fake currency enters market, several people arrested across nation
New Delhi : And the black marketers have restarted their sad business of spreading fake currencies in the market. Police have arrested at least six people indulged in the crime and have busted over lakhs of rupees printed fake.
The government had claimed that it will not be easy to create a copy of new currency, but the recent developments seem to contradict the claims.
For all those who are still unaware of how to check if their currency is real or fake, check points below issued by Reserve Bank of India.
For Rs 2000 currency note: Here are the 17 points you need to know about the security features
1. The denomination numeral 2000 can been seen when held against light.
2. Latent image of the numeral 2000 can be seen on the back of the note when held at 45 degree angle to the eye.
3. Numeral 2000 written in Devnagari script.
4. Portrait of Mahatama Gandhi in the centre.
5. Micro letter 'RBI' and '2000'.
6. RBI, Bharat in Devnagari and 2000, on the security thread. Colour changes from green to blue.
7. Guarantee Clause, RBI Governor's signature with promise clause and RBI emblem towards right.
8. Watermark of Mahatma Gandhi's portrait and electrotype 2000 watermark
9. On the number panel, numerals growing small to big on top left and bottom right.
10. Denomination with rupee symbol in colour changing ink on bottom right.
11. Ashok Pillar emblem on the right.
For visually impaired
Raised printing of Mahatama Gandhi portrait, Ashok pillar, bleed lines and identification mark.
12. Horizontal rectangle with raised 2000 printing on the right
13. Seven raised angular bleed lines on the right and left side
14. Year of printing note.
15. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan.
16. Language panel towards centre.
17. Motif of Mangalyaan.