How do you plan to clean river Ganga? Supreme Court asks Centre
- Supreme Court on Wednesday reminded Modi government that cleaning Ganga was on its poll manifesto
- Centre has been asked why necessary steps have not been taken yet?
- “Are you saving river Ganga? It was also there in your manifesto. Why don’t you act on it?,” the bench said
- The court gave Centre two-week time to file an affidavit
- Affidavit will be proposing measures government will be taking to prevent river Ganga
- The 2,500 km stretch of the river passes through 29 major cities, 23 small cities and 48 towns
- Rajiv Gandhi had launched the ambitious Ganga Action Plan in 1985