J&K Floods: Situation worsens as death toll mounts to 107
- Torrential monsoon rains have triggered floods, landslides and destruction in the whole Jammu and Kashmir
- A total of 107 people have been reported dead so far
- "107 people have died in Jammu and Kashmir due to flash-floods, landslides and house collapses," Singh told reporters in Jammu.
- With on-going rescue operations around ten thousand people have been moved to safety
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh visited state and did an aerial survey to take stock of the situation
- Congress urged Prime Minister Modi to declare the flood situation as a national calamity
- Tragedy lifted its scare after nine Army personnel got trapped in massive water flow of river Jhelum
- Seven personnels were rescued till last reports; while, two were still trapped
- Red alert has been issued in the low lying areas.