Absconding JD(U) MLC Manorama Devi surrenders in Gaya court
Gaya : Absconding JD(U) MLC Manorama Devi on Tuesday surrendered in Gaya Court and has been remanded to 14 days of judicial custody. Her son Rocky Yadav was arrested couple of days back in connection with killing of a Gaya youth in an incident of road rage.
As the morning court started for the day, Manorama Devi surrendered in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate-IV Som Sagar. The court remanded her to 14 days of judicial custody.
This comes a week after she went into hiding after issuance of arrest warrant against her in the case of recovery of liquor bottles from her house, during the search for her son Rocky.
Senior Superintendent of Police, Gaya, Garima Mallik said the ruling party legislator surrendered under intense police pressure.
Now, the whole family is in the jail in the case of murder of class XII student Sachdeva, who was shot dead allegedly by Rocky Yadav after their car overtook his SUV.
Manorama Devi, during her way to jail, claimed it is a trap planned by BJP for political reasons. She also shouted, “Do I drink alcohol that I will keep bottles in my house?”
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday had assured that no guilty will be spared in the case as well as in the killing of a journalist Rajdeo Ranjan in Siwan.
- JD(U) MLC surrenders in Gaya Court on Tuesday morning
- Manorama Devi has been remanded to 14-day judicial custody
- A look out notice was issued after cops found liquor bottles in her house a week ago
- He son Rocky Yadav was arrested in case of killing Gaya youth after he allegedly overtook his SUV
- The whole family is in jail now
- Manorama calls it a trap by BJP due to political reasons.