Ram Navami 2018: Unknown Facts about Lord Sri Rama
New Delhi : Rama Navami is a Hindu festival that celebrates the birthday of god Rama. He is particularly important to the Vaishnavism tradition of Hinduism, as the seventh avatar of Vishnu.
Unknown Facts about Lord Rama
- Lord Rama is the seventh incarnation of the God Vishnu.
- Lord Ram was born in Treta Yuga.
- Maharshi Vashishtha has given him this name "Rama".
- Lord Rama lived on the earth before 1.2 million years ago.
- Lord Rama's name has been taken from "Beeja Aksharas". "Ra" is from Agni Beeja and "Ma" is from Amrutha Beeja.
- According to Valmiki’s Ramayana, he is known as "Maryada Purushottam" while according to Tulsidas's Ramcharit Manas, he is known as "God".
- His name comes at the 394th place in Vishnu Sahasranama.
- Lord Ram ruled over Ayodhya for 11000 years. This time is also known as "Ram Rajya".
- Lord Rama’s bow was so much powerful that it could destroy the whole army.
- At the age of 27 years only, Lord Rama had to go into excile.
- It is said that white stripes on squirrel are fingerprints of Lord Rama.
- At the end of his life, Lord Rama had taken Jal Samadhi in the Sarayu River to reach Vaikuntha.
- According to Valmiki’s Ramayana, the portray of Lord Rama breaking bow in Sita’s Swayamvar is not included while in Tulsidas’ Ramcharitmanas, this fact has been included.
- He fought with Jambavantha as the avatar of Lord Krishna.
- When Lord Rama was leaving for Vaikuntha, he took many people (soul) from Ayodhya with him.
- Indra Dev had sent a chariot as gift when Lord Rama was fighting with Ravana.
- Lord Rama’s best devotee was Hanuman.
- Lord Ram has accepted the 14 years of exile for his father.
- Lord Rama love Sita with heart and soul.
- Lord Rama’s wife name was Sita (Here name was also Vaidehi).
- During the exile, Lord Rama relived the Kambadh from the curse and he suggested Lord Rama to do friendship with Sugreev.
- Lord Rama intended to use Brahmashtra two times, once on Jayanta and second time on God of Sea (Sagar).
- The victory of Lord Ram over demon Ravana is known as Dussehra.
- After killing Ravana, when Lord Rama returned to Ayodhya, people lit the diyas. After that Diwali celebration starts every year.