Bihar Elections: In Lalu's presence, Nitish announced chief ministerial candidate of merger
New Delhi : SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Tuesday announced that Nitish Kumar will be the chief ministerial candidate for JD(U)-RJD merger. Lalu Prasad Yadav who was present there during the announcement has reportedly suggested his name and opted campaigning for himself. Many veteran politicians called it as drinking poison to stay in politics.
• Nitish Kumar to be the chief ministerial candidate for JD(U)-RJD merger
• SP Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav made this announcement after the meet concluded in the national capital
• “I am very happy about the unity of Lalu Prasad and Nitish Kumar. Kumar will be the chief ministerial candidate for Bihar. Laluji has proposed Nitish Kumar's name for the chief ministership. Laluji said he will campaign.”
• On Sunday, Nitish Kumar held a meeting with Lalu Prasad Yadav and Sharad Yadav to decide on competing with alliance
• In Lok Sabha Elections. BJP had swept away 31 out of 40 seats to force compulsory merger of these parties.