Rafale Deal: BJP lists out 10 lies of Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi : Congress President Rahul Gandhi had been accusing Modi government of favouring Reliance in the Rafale Jet plane deal with France. Recently, he even quoted a media report to frame 'chowkidaar as chor'. Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP), on the other hand, have been trying to tell people that all his claims are a mere bunch of lies.
In a recent development, the BJP party listed out 10 allegations Rahul Gandhi had made on Rafale deal, attaching them to a fact check to prove that they were lies.
"It's difficult to track all his lies, but we've tried to track major lies peddled by him on Rafale. A heads up before his today's quota," the BJP said before beginning their counter-offensive.
Here are the 10 'lies' Rahul Gandhi has said according to the BJP:
1. Rahul Gandhi claimed to make Reliance an offset partner was a tradeoff for Dassault to get the deal with India.
Lie No.1: #LiarRahul tried to twist some report in a French media house to say making Reliance an offsets partner was a tradeoff for Dassault to get the deal with India.— BJP (@BJP4India) February 9, 2019
Fact: Both Supreme Court & Dassault CEO said Indian govt had nothing to do with choosing of offsets partners. pic.twitter.com/C4vlTEFUAT
2. Rahul Gandhi Supreme Court found grave irregularities in the Rafale deal.
Lie No.2: #LiarRahul tried to create false impression that SC has found grave irregularities with the deal. Indulged in third grade level propaganda on a sub judice matter.— BJP (@BJP4India) February 9, 2019
Fact: The Supreme Court dismissed the petitions filed by Congress proxies and held govt has done no wrong. pic.twitter.com/o70qaoyGEP
3. He claimed that a Ministry of Defence official was punished for submitting a dissent note on the deal.
Lie No.3: #LiarRahul claimed that a senior officer at MoD was ‘punished’ by Modi govt for submitting a dissent note on Rafale deal.— BJP (@BJP4India) February 9, 2019
Fact: #LiarRahul’s lies were shattered when the officer in question spoke to media and denied any kind of ‘punishment’. https://t.co/6yJjuSr0tE
4. That according to Rahul Gandhi, former French president Fracois Hollande, Dassault was told to take on Reliance as an offset partner by the Indian government.
Lie No.4: #LiarRahul said ex-French President Hollande called PM Modi a thief and that Indian government had asked to include Reliance as offset partner.— BJP (@BJP4India) February 9, 2019
Fact: Hollande denied all such allegations. The French government issued an official statement. https://t.co/Hq80DjUNHH pic.twitter.com/lUJlJEROu2
5. Rahul Gandhi said current French President Emmanuel Macron personally told him there is no secrecy clause in the Rafale deal.
Lie No.5: #LiarRahul lied even to Parliament and said he personally confirmed from French President Mr. Macron that there is no non disclosure clause.— BJP (@BJP4India) February 9, 2019
Fact: French govt issued statement refuting liar's claim & said agreement prohibits parties from sharing classified information. pic.twitter.com/HJaKHcBCN4
6. That Rahul Gandhi has stated multiple prices for the Rafale jets in the UPA deal.
Lie No.6: #LiarRahul quotes multiple numbers at multiple places for supposed price of aircraft in UPA deal— BJP (@BJP4India) February 9, 2019
• Parliament, he said 520 crore
• Karnataka, he said 526 crore
• Rajasthan, he said 540 crore
• Delhi, he said 700 crore
Analysis: He deserves Nobel for lying. pic.twitter.com/RoNpNjP0Db
7. Rahul Gandhi alleged that defence procurement procedures had been flouted in the Rafale deal
Lie No.7: #LiarRahul said that the processes and procedures laid down for military acquisitions were flouted by PM Modi’s government.— BJP (@BJP4India) February 9, 2019
Fact: Hon’ble SC in its judgment held: We are SATISFIED that there is no occasion to really doubt the process. pic.twitter.com/IESjpLaIfx
8. Rahul Gandhi said UPA negotiated price of Rs 526/520/540 crore per aircraft, while NDA settled for Rs 1,600 crore.
Lie No.8: #LiarRahul said UPA negotiated price of Rs. 526/520/540 (one place, one price) crore per aircraft, while NDA settled for Rs.1,600 cr.— BJP (@BJP4India) February 9, 2019
Analysis: Liar is comparing apples & oranges. Price negotiated by NDA is for a complete operational package; including Rafale aircraft.
9. That the deal signified crony capitalism.
Lie No.9: #LiarRahul said decision to procure 36 aircraft was made to benefit political “cronies” and has harmed Air Force.— BJP (@BJP4India) February 9, 2019
Fact: Hon SC held the decision was made in interest of defense preparedness in face of our adversaries’ ramping up their capabilities and IAF is happy. pic.twitter.com/jhBjLitRJr
10. Rahul Gandhi shared a cropped image of a MoD note that indicated government had held "parallel negotiations" with the French.
Lie No.10: Yesterday, #LiarRahul found a partner in crime - The Hindu. Using a conveniently cropped photo, they tried to lie again.— BJP (@BJP4India) February 9, 2019
Fact: We always knew Congressis were photoshoppers. But yesterday they learnt, the hard way, that ‘Satyamev Jayate’ :) pic.twitter.com/ZxeR52e6Uf
The BJP ended its onslaught saying, "We have tried to document most of Rahul Gandhi's Rafale Lies. But given his superhuman capabilities of lying, we realized it's humanly impossible to document it all."
The Bharatiya Janata Party's reaction comes a day after Rahul Gandhi quoted a report and document published on 'The Hindu' to call Prime Minister Narendra Modi a thief.