Turmeric for Skincare: Try these home remedies to achieve glowing skin
New Delhi : In today's time, we're all struggling to find the perfect skincare products to keep our skin clear and healthy. In order to pick chemical-free products, most of us end up spending a bomb on organic products which are supposed to be natural and safe for our skin. But why not just use natural ingredients for our skin which can work wonders without much hassle. We have slowly started forgetting all about our age-old home remedies that our moms and grandmoms have been using to keep their skin healthy.
Turmeric is one such natural magic beauty ingredient which works wonders for our skin. Turmeric has been used in traditional medicine due to its health benefits and medicinal properties. This basic kitchen ingredient has anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antibacterial and antiseptic properties and aside from that it also has beauty benefits which make it a great ingredient for our skin. But home remedies are not as easy as they sound, it's also very important to know the right combinations in order to reap the benefits. Here are some turmeric home remedies for clear skin.
1. Mix one spoon of neem leaves paste or neem powder with one spoon of turmeric powder and add some rose water and make a smooth paste. Apply a thin layer of this paste on your face and let it dry. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
2. Mix equal parts of besan and turmeric powder in a bowl and add some raw milk to it. Mix it slowly and ensure that no lumps are formed. You can also add a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Apply this paste on your face and neck. Wash it off with warm water after it dries and moisturise your face and neck.
3. Take 2 spoons of curd and mix one spoon of turmeric powder and one spoon of honey in it. Apply this paste on your face and neck and let it stay for up to 30 minutes. Rinse with cold water and use a mild face wash. Remember to moisturise afterwards.
4. Take half a spoon of turmeric powder and add 2 spoons of raw milk or almond milk. Mix it well and make a past, now slowly add 2 spoons of baking soda and make a coarse paste. Use this homemade turmeric scrub to exfoliate your skin.
5. Take one egg yolk in a bowl and add 1/4th spoon of turmeric powder and one teaspoon of olive oil. Make a smooth paste and apply this on your face and neck. Let it dry for up to 30 minutes and rinse with warm water.