Paneer Butter Masala Recipe Tips - Step by Step
New Delhi : Paneer butter masala is very tasty North Indian curry. For making paneer butter masala, soft and creamy paneer cubes are cooked in a rich butter curry which is mildly spicy, ever so slightly sweet and tangy with lots of tomatoes in it.
PANEER BUTTER MASALA Time
- Preparation time: 30 min
- Cooking time: 15 min
PANEER BUTTER MASALA Ingredients:
- Sliced Paneer Pieces – 500g
- Bakers Paneer Butter Masala
- Sliced Onion -1
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Bakers Kasuri Methi
- Chopped Tomatoes – 5-6 Nos
- Cashewnuts – 6-7 Nos
- Cream – 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for grinding:
- 2 medium sized onion
- 1.5 tsp chopped ginger or 1/2 inch ginger
- 3 - 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 medium sized tomatoes
- 10 - 12 cashews
PANEER BUTTER MASALA Preparation:
- Soak cashews for 30 minutes and grind it until smooth.
- Chop tomatoes and blanch for 2 minutes (cook in boiling water for 2 minutes). Wait until cool and grind it into a fine paste.
- Grind ginger, garlic and onion into a fine paste using mixer grinder.
- Now in a deep frying pan heat 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp oil.
- Add in bay leaf. Ginger+garlic+onion paste and fry for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add in slit green chili and red chili powder and fry for a minute.
- Add in cashew paste and fry for a minute.
- Add in tomato puree, turmeric powder and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add in coriander powder, garam masala and mix well.
- Add in 1/2 cup of milk and salt. Give a quick mix. Close the lid and cook for 3 minutes.
- Open the lid and add in cubed paneer pieces.
- Also add in crushed kasuri methi. Continue boiling for 2 minutes and switch off the stove.