COVID-19: Health tips to boost your immunity during the coronavirus outbreak
New Delhi : The outbreak of the novel coronavirus has left the world in a state of chaos. COVID-19 is one of the most contagious viruses that we have come across until now and it has an incubation period of 14 days. This virus has managed to spread across the globe and infected a large number of people. This has led to widespread panic and people are living in fear and trying to do everything possible to protect themselves. Now is the time when we all need to focus on our health and eat healthy. Most people are trying to include immunity-boosting supplements, foods and remedies in their everyday diet. Our lifestyle has changed drastically because of the ongoing pandemic. While this may not be able to protect us from this virus, immunity-boosting tips and tricks can work as a precautionary and preventive measure. It might not cure coronavirus but it can strengthen our body. Here are some tips to boost your immunity.
1. Fix your routine and sleep cycle. Getting adequate rest can go a long way in keeping you healthy. Ensure that your body is well-rested and sleep for 6 to 7 hours during the night. Lack of sleep can weaken your immune system and reduce your body's natural killer cells. Also, remember to add some workout in your daily routine. Balancing these two things can strengthen your immune system.
2. Stress can weaken our mental health which in turn has a lot of physical symptoms and can take a toll on our health. Stress can increase inflammatory activity which takes a toll on our immune system and weaken it. This is why it is important to reduce the stressors in our lives.
3. Our diet plays a major role in our health. It is important to add a lot of fruits and vegetables to our diet. Fruits like berries, oranges, apples and other such fruits which are rich in antioxidants. Vegetables like carrots, spinach, beetroot, sweet potatoes and other vegetables with high nutrient content are essential for our body. Vitamin C rich food items play an essential role in boosting our immune system.
4. Omega-3 fatty acids are also an essential nutrient for our body. They are usually found in nuts and seeds like flax seeds, chia seeds and such. They can help boost our immune system and keep us healthy.
5. Our body requires some good bacteria to stay fit and probiotics and fermented food items contain the good bacteria which is essential for our gut which in turn plays an important role in keeping our immune system healthy.