Forget skin woes, welcome happy summers! Beat acne like a pro
Los Angeles : Bye Bye winters and welcome to happy and breezy summers. It is now time to slip into your pretty sundresses and expose your radiant skin to sun for some Vitamin D.
However, too much sun exposure can cause sudden acne breakouts or harm your skin in unidentified ways thus leading to excessive sweating which aggravates the problem especially among people with sensitive skin.
According to Cosmetologist Dr Megha Shah there are some tips that can help you beat summer acne like a pro, follow them below:
- Say no acnegenic foods, no matter how often you crave for those ice creams, chocolates, cakes, and pizzas but if you want to take control over your acne start saying no to sugars and refined flour; also stay away from sea-foods and fatty food that can also flare up acne.
- Please please please avoid food that causes constipation and include fibre-rich diet including citrus fruits, melons and sprouts in your diet to gain a properly functioning excretory system that prevents constipation and results in a clean and clear face.
- For a beautiful and healthy skin a proper cleansing routine is must as summer months add to a lot of dirt and oil that gets accumulated on the face thus leading to acnes and pimple problems. Wash your face twice a day and use a good exfoliant once a week to shed off dead skin and clean your pores gently. A stylish salicylic acid-based facemask and tea tree oil can work as a pro for your skin.
- It is time to change your moisturizer and choose the right lotion. Remember, always go for gel-based lotions that don’t make your skin greasy and select a non-comedogenic product that doesn’t clog your pores.
- Do look out specific Ingredients in your products like Retinol, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide which control acne especially in summers.
- Prevention is better than cure and an early treatment is the key. If in problem, please visit a dermatologist immediately and don’t wait for the problem to aggravate. Doctors can suggest advanced procedures like peels that replenish your skin from within or laser treatment such as non invasive Venus Viva that can support curing active acne and associated flaws.