Health Benefits of Ashwagandha: Here's why this ayurvedic herb is essential for our health
New Delhi : Herbs and spices have been a part of the Indian diet for a very long time. Most of the herbs and spices from our diet are also a big part of the traditional Indian home remedies and Ayurvedic medicines. They are usually used to treat common health problems and concerns like cold, flu, fever and other such problems. One such herb is ashwagandha. It is one of the most popularly used ayurvedic herbs that is known for its medicinal properties. Over time this herb has become more and more popular as a herbal medicine in today's time. Ashwagandha is adaptogenic. This means that it can adapt to our body's need and helps us manage stress and maintain balance. It also aids in ayurvedic healing and promotes good health. Ashwagandha is also known as Withania Somnifera or Indian Ginseng or Winter Cherry. More importantly, it has numerous health benefits and can be beneficial for our body. It can protect our body from health problems and heal it with its medicinal properties. In a time like now, we all need to be in the best of our health and ashwagandha can help us achieve it. Here are some health benefits of ashwagandha.
1. It contains compounds that can reduce the levels of cortisol which is basically a stress hormone in our body. It helps in reducing our stress levels. It can also help in overcoming depression.
2. Ashwagandha is known for its healing properties. It also has anti-inflammatory properties which can reduce swelling and help our muscles and body relax. It also helps in increasing stamina and improving our energy levels.
3. Ashwagandha can have an impact on insulin secretion and sensitivity. A study suggests that it can also reduce blood sugar levels and stabilises our blood sugar levels.
4. A study suggests that ashwagandha can improve brain function and memory. It also reduced the oxidative stress and can protect us from free radical.
5. Ashwagandha is one of the most potent herbs and can aid our disease-fighting immune cells. It can boost our immune system.