Health Benefits of Bananas: This is why you need to add this nutritious fruit to your diet
New Delhi : Fruits are an important part of our daily diet. They're full of nutrients and help us maintain a healthy lifestyle. No matter what our dieting goals are we always need some quality nutrition which we can get from fruits. Bananas are one such healthy fruit. Not only are they delicious, but they're also very nutritious. It's the one fruit that is loved the most by fitness freaks for all its health benefits and nutritional value. It is rich in protein, vitamins and minerals. Bananas are a large part of the south Indian cuisine as well. They are also our saviours when it comes to health problems. Bananas are commonly used for numerous home remedies as well. It has very few calories and makes for a great delicious snack. It also has a large variety of beauty benefits and can work wonders on your skin and hair. It has very little fat and cholesterol and works wonders for our health. Now if you're still wondering what health benefits can a banana add to your diet other than protein, here's a list of health benefits of bananas which make them the perfect food for your health.
1. Bananas contain pectin and resistant starch which are known to balance your blood sugar levels and because they're rich in fibers they make you feel full and slow down the emptying stomach. They also have a low glycemic index.
2. Bananas are rich in dietary fibers which are essential for our body. This can be beneficial for the body, especially for the gut. Bananas can be healthy for our digestive system and can also feed the good gut bacteria.
3. Bananas are a rich source of antioxidants which are essential for good health. It contains dopamine and catechins and other such antioxidants which can reduce the damage caused by free radicals and lower the risk of heart disease and other degenerative diseases.
4. For people suffering from type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance is one of the most dangerous health problems. Unripe bananas are a source of resistant starch which can improve insulin sensitivity but more research needs to be conducted with regards to it
5. Bananas are a rich source of potassium which is essential for blood pressure and kidney function. This can aid in maintaining healthy kidney and can reduce the risk of kidney disease.