Health Benefits of Besan: Here's why you should replace wheat flour with chickpea powder
New Delhi : Besan is a large part of the Indian diet. It is used to make some of the most delicious Indian dishes like besan cheela, khandvi, halwa, laddoo, besan gatta and more such food items. Gram flour, or chickpea powder, is a common kitchen ingredient but what most of us are unaware of is that it also has some major health benefits which make it one of the healthiest kitchen ingredients as well. Besan is also the one ingredient which can add flavour to food and can be used to replace wheat flour in some cases. It also has beauty benefits and is majorly used in beauty remedies which can work wonders for our skin. For those of you who are wondering how besan can benefit our health, here are some health benefits of besan which make it a great item to add to our diet.
1. Besan is known to accelerate fat burn and reduce weight. It is a rich source of nutrition for our body and at the same time, it can also help us shed weight and burn calories. For those of you who are on a strict weight loss diet, this kitchen ingredient can aid your diet and help you shed some kilos.
2. Besan has a low glycemic index which helps keep our blood sugar levels in check. Diabetes is one of the most common chronic illnesses that people struggle with and replacing wheat flour with besan can work wonders for our blood sugar levels.
3. High cholesterol is another most common health problem which can lead to heart diseases. Besan has soluble fiber which makes it one of healthiest thing to add to our diet for a healthy heart. It can help keep our cholesterol levels under control and reduce the risk of heart diseases.
4. For those of us who are allergic to gluten, besan is the perfect replacement. It also has high nutritional value and fewer calories as well which makes it one of the best gluten-free flour.
5. Besan is known for all the beauty benefits that it can provide. It is largely used in beauty home remedies and can improve our skin condition. It has antiageing properties and can close our pores and make our skin bright and healthy.