Home remedies to treat corns and calluses
New Delhi : Corn and calluses are a common problem that a lot of people have to deal with. Corns are a sort of thickened and hard areas of skin which usually happens under our feet. Calluses are also very similar to corns but they're more painful and harder than corns. This happens when you wear uncomfortable, tight or hard shoes. Your skin rubs against the shoes and all the dead skin cells accumulate in one area and this is how corns and calluses are formed. Corns can turn a lot more painful overtime after they begin to harden. This is why it's best to treat corns and calluses at home before things get out of hand because if it's not treated in time, it may cause you a lot of pain and may even reoccur and you will have to get it removed surgically. Corns can also easily get infected and make it difficult for you to walk around comfortably. Here are some home remedies that can help you deal with corns and calluses without much trouble.
1. You can squeeze out a few drops of fresh lemon juice and apply it on your corn or calluses and let it dry. Do it as many times as possible and it will provide you relief within a week or two depending on the severity of the situation.
2. Onions contain acids and nutrients which can reduce infection and soften the skin. It can also help in removing the dead skin cells which is essential what corns and calluses are made up of. Apply some fresh onion juice or onion oil on your corn and calluses and cover it up with a bandaid before you go to bed.
3. Garlic is known for its medicinal qualities and has been used to treat ailments since ages. It has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. You can use some freshly squeezed garlic juice or make a paste of garlic and apply it on your corn and calluses. Cover it with a clean cloth or use a fresh bandage. You can do this as many times as you want till you get relief.
4. Another fun home remedy to get rid of corn and calluses is to soak your feet in a bucket full of warm water and Epsom salt. Epsom salt is known to have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and can help provide immense relief. Soak your feet in this mixture for 15 to 20 minutes daily and then rub the affected area with a pumice stone.
5. Apple cider vinegar is a very useful kitchen ingredient. It has numerous health and beauty benefits. Soak your feet in warm water for 15 minutes and then use a cotton pad to apply some apple cider vinegar on the corn and calluses. Hold the cotton pad in place for 5 to 6 minutes. You can also add some apple cider vinegar in the warm water. Apply some tea tree oil or coconut oil on the affected area after it dries.