Tips: How to stay healthy in summer
New Delhi : As predicted by the MeT department, most of the cities across India have begun to witness high temperatures equal to peak summer levels. With the onset to summer in India, things will change drastically in most parts of the country.
Here are a few tips to stay healthy in the heat:
- Eat fruits and vegetables such as watermelon, cucumber, lettuce, celery and radishes, which are all made up of over 95 pc water.
- Plan your day around the heat – avoid going out between 11am and 3pm
- Wear light coloured, loose fitting clothes, preferably made from cotton.
- Drink plenty of water even if you do not feel thirsty.
- See that food that needs refrigeration is properly stored.
- Always carry a water bottle with you if you go outside.
- Avoid excess alcohol and caffeine as they can lead to dehydration.
- Apply sunscreen and wear a hat if you must go outside.
- Take cool showers and baths.
- Try minimising physical activity during day time when it is hot.
- Follow your doctor's advice if you have any medical conditions.
- Keep your house cool by closing windows, doors and shutting curtains when it is hotter outside.