Relationships: 6 signs that indicate that you are in a toxic relationship
New Delhi : Life isn't perfect but everything seems easier and better when you have love in your life. Nothing feels more amazing than having a companion, a special someone who can shower you with love and be by your side whenever you need them. Love and relationships often make our lives feel full, beautiful and perfect. Love can turn us blind and that is not necessarily good for our mental and emotional health. Sometimes we turn a blind eye to the unhealthy things in our relationship that makes is toxic. A toxic relationship can take a toll on both the parties involved, this is why it is important to notice everything that goes on in your relationship and spot the subtle signs of a toxic relationship before it gets too late. But many of us find it very difficult to spot the sign before things get out of hand. Here are a few signs that your relationship is turning toxic.
1. You always feel like you are competing with your partner. Relationships are based on mutual goals and support but that cannot happen if you and your partner are always competing against each other.
2. The concept of healthy communication is alien to you. No relationship can sustain without communication and if your conversations include a lot of hate, anger, swear words, sarcasm, taunts and other such things, then it hints towards hostility which means that your relationship could be toxic.
3. Negative emotions like jealousy, possessiveness, resentment and controlling behaviours indicate that your relationship is definitely toxic. It's normal to have a certain amount of jealousy and possessiveness but it's important to know when it crosses the line and takes a toll on your relationship.
4. Relationships are based on mutual respect and love but love can only take you so far when your partner stops respecting you. Lack of respect in a relationship can impact your self-confidence and self-esteem and turn your relationship unhealthy.
5. Every relationship has it's ups and downs but when your relationship is so full of stress and tension that you feel like you're always walking on eggshells, that is a clear indication of trouble.
6. Our partner and love is meant to make us feel happy, fulfilled and at peace but if your relationship makes you feel drained and unhappy, it could be toxic. A toxic relationship and partner can make you feel worse, especially when you're around your partner and the negativity.