IRCTC online Ticket Booking rules changed, verification mandatory
New Delhi : Passengers booking their journey via train on IRCTC will now have to mandatorily verify their mobile number and email ID in order to proceed the booking process on the official website - www.irctc.co.in.
The new rule applies on all those passengers who have not done train booking since coronavirus pandemic beginning in India.
Steps to verify mobile number and email ID on IRCTC website
• Login to the IRCTC website or app
• Navigate to the verification window
• Enter the registered mobile number and email ID
• You will see an option for verification on the right and an edit button on the left
• If you want to change both, or either, tap on the editing option. If not, go for verification.
• You will receive a one-time password (OTP) on your registered mobile number.
• Enter the OTP
• To complete verification for the e-mail ID, you will have to follow the similar process.
Ticket booking process remains the same as earlier.