Step by step QR code-based travel pass for Mumbai local amid COVID restrictions
Mumbai : Maharashtra government has issued a new plan of QR code-based travel pass for boarding Mumbai local trains, enabling to put a curb on fake tickets which were among the major concern from travel authorities.
Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray-led government is working with the Railways on the five-tier strategy for travel using a QR code-based ID card, according to BMC.
Universal Travel Pass for Mumbaikars
The QR-code based pass will allow travel in local trains, Mumbai Metro and also in monorail. Basically, this travel pass will keep a check on those individuals who have been travelling using fake cards or without tickets on the local trains over the years.
Step by step guide to register for travel pass
In a bid to register for the Universal travel pass or QR code-based travel pass for train travel in Mumbai amid Covid-related curbs, you can simply follow these following steps. As of now, according to the reports, only establishments can register for this pass on the website.
• Go to the website of the Disaster Management and Relief Fund Rehabilitation department of Maharashtra– msdmacov19.mahait.org.
• Now, click on the Universal travel pass.
• After that, click on Register your establishement.
• Now the establishment authority will have to enter details such as the address, registration number, co-ordinator contact number, the number of staff who need the pass and more.
• The application will be manually reviewed by the authorities and after getting the approval, the coordinator will be able to log in and enter the individual details of the staff.
• Information such as name, ID, mobile number, gender, age, department, the designation must be entered.
• Once the information is up, the staff member will get an SMS.
• The staff member can now log in using their mobile number.
• Upload the photograph.
• At the end, download the travel pass.