Make your own zoo with Google 3D animals in your home
New Delhi : In Google’s I/O 2019, the company had introduced augmented reality (AR) objects in Search. While the list of things was limited at that time, Google has added a bunch of new elements.
Now, you can bring home tigers, alligators, brown bears, angler fish, dogs, cats, cheetahs, ducks, emperor penguins, eagles, giant pandas, horses, lions, sharks, snakes and more animals in 3D right in your room and Google is adding more to this list.
Adding to it is a feature where you can watch the planets Earth and Mars in 3D.
While most of the people are under lockdown and are looking at ways to keep themselves entertained within the home boundaries, this can be a better choice.
To see these objects and animals in 3D, all you need to do is a Google search and follow these instructions:
- Search for the animal you want to see, for example, search for ‘dog’ on the Google Chrome app.
- Just below the pictures, you will see the ‘View in 3D’ option that says - “Meet a life-sized dog up close”. Around this you will also see relevant information like scientific name, height, diet, life span etc.
- Click on “View in 3D” option.
- Once you do that, you will see a faded AR version of the dog on your phone screen, you will be prompted to move your phone around to bring on the actual 3D model on the screen.
- You can resize the 3D animal by zooming in and zooming out.
- The 3D model is not going to hang around forever, mind you, it will disappear in 30 seconds. Take a screenshot quickly if you want.
Where we can see the animal?
The feature is currently available only on your smartphones and cannot be used on your laptops and PCs.
On the iPhone, it works with the chrome browser application only. For iPhones, you need to be on iOS 11 and higher to see 3D models on Google.