Donald Trump suggests two delayed debates, Joe Biden accepts one
Washington : The US President Donald Trump has returned to the White House and is pushing back to the political drills ahead of crucial Presidential polls. He will not be holding the second debate, which organizing body claimed that it will be held virtually on October 15.
Donald Trump refused to go for a virtual debate and called the idea 'ridiculous'.
"I am not going to do a virtual debate," Trump, who is convalescing from Covid-19, said in an interview to Fox Business. "I am not going to waste my time on a virtual debate. That’s not what debating is all about. You sit behind a computer and do a debate, that is ridiculous."
The Trump campaign then suggested two delayed debates, one on October 22 and the final one on October 29.
The Biden campaign accepted the one on October 22, but rejected the one on October 29. They said, "We look forward to participating in the final debate, scheduled for October 22, which already is tied for the latest debate date in 40 years. Donald Trump can show up, or he can decline again. That’s his choice."
The idea of virtual debate was thrown under the suspicion that Donald Trump might had been infected with coronavirus on September 29 debate. Mr President and the first lady were tested positive on October 1.
Calls for virtual events peaked after Trump was hospitalized for the treatment of coronavirus.