This bank's cheques, IFSC codes to become invalid from July 1
New Delhi : Syndicate Bank account holders have a big update from Canara Bank. The old cheque books, IFSC code and MICR on cheque book will no longer remain valid from July 1 onwards.
Customers have been asked to get a new cheque book with updated IFSC and MICR before June 30. They also need to get swift code for foreign exchange transactions. New IFSC Code is essential for online transactions such as IMPS, NEFT, and RTGS, Canara Bank said.
How to get the new IFSC code for Canara Bank?
• Customers can visit www.canarabank.com. They need to go Home Page. Then they need to check “What’s New”.
• Customers need to click on “KIND eSYNDICATE CUSTOMERS – KNOW YOUR NEW IFSC”.
• Customers can also visit their nearest branches.
• They need to refer the SMS sent by Canara Bank to registered Mobile Number.
• If Customers want, they can call Canara Bank’s Customer Care Number 1800 425 0018.
• For Foreign Exchnage – Swift code of erstwhile Syndicate Bank (SYNBINBBXXX) which is used for sending or receiving SWIFT messages for Foreign Exchange transactions shall be discontinued w.e.f July 1, 2021.
• All our customers are advised to use SWIFT code (CNRBINBBBFD) for any of their Foreign Exchange needs, Canara Bank said.
“Attention to Erstwhile Syndicate Bank account holders: IFSC will change from 1st July, 2021. Kindly check your new IFSC on our website,” Canara Bank said in a tweet.