Andhra Pradesh RTA Peon, owner of Rs 100 crore properties, arrested
Nellore : An Andhra Pradesh peon has been arrested on the corruption charges after he was found owning assets of over Rs 100 crores, a case not possible for a man earning salary of Rs 50000 per month.
The case came to light after the Central Investigation Unit (CIU) of Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) raided him and found Rs 20 lakh bank balance with 20 kgs of gold, besides real estate property and agriculture land.
Karadu Narasimha Reddy, 55, has been working as a peon in the office of Deputy Transport Commissioner, Nellore.
According to ACB officials, the simultaneous raids began at around 8.30 am at his residence in MV Agraharam in Nellore and houses of his relatives. Officials seized the documents of properties worth around Rs 10 crore (book value), cash of Rs 7.7 lakh, two kg gold ornaments, seven kg silver ornaments, Rs 5 lakh worth household articles and two motorcycles.
The CIU officials further noticed that the attender had a bank balance of Rs 20 lakh and Rs 1.01 crore LIC deposits and he was paying Rs 10 lakh towards premium for LIC policies.
It has also been learned that the accused refused all his promotions to stay peon in his last 34 years of service.
Thakur further said the accused was taken into custody and would be produced in ACB special court after the necessary formalities. "Two bank lockers are yet to be opened. We will do it on Wednesday and produce him before the ACB special court," the ACB DG said.
Assets in the name of the attender
- 5 acres of agriculture land at Gundlapalem of Nellore district.
- 222 square yard house plot he purchased in 1996 in Kondayapalem area of Nellore town
- Assets held in the name of his wife
- 41.82 acres of agriculture land at various places in Nellore district.
- 17 house plots in posh localities in Nellore town
- A G+2+pent house in 100 sq. yards at MV Agraharam in Nellore
- Assets in the name of his mother-in-law
- 4.06 acres at Peramana village of Nellore dist.