5 health benefits of beetroot which make it the perfect vegetable for your diet
New Delhi : We all eat a lot of fruits and vegetables because we know how beneficial they are for our health. We all do our bit to understand vegetables and eat the ones that have high nutrient content and one such vegetable is beetroot. It is known for all the haircare and skincare benefits that it has to offer. It's natural colour is often used to add natural colour to food items and is also used to create natural dyes. Just like its name, beetroot is a root vegetable which grows under the ground and is known for it's high nutritional value. Beetroot is one of the most underrated vegetables because not many people add this in their regular diet but the fact is that it is truly worthy of being a part of one's daily diet. It is nearly fat-free and has very few calories. It is also rich in antioxidants and is usually used in detox beverages but aside from that, it has numerous other health benefits. Here are some health benefits of this underrated vegetable which makes it essential for your daily diet.
1. Studies have shown that beetroot contains nitrates which leads to the production of nitric oxide. This gas is known to work wonders for our heart health. It can lower blood pressure and can also reduce the risk of blood pressure problem as well as heart diseases like stroke, heart attack and heart failure.
2. Beetroot is rich in antioxidants which is essential for healthy skin but other than this it also has an antioxidant called betalains which are known to have an anti-inflammatory effect. It is also rich in folate which also makes it a potent anti-inflammatory vegetable.
3. Beets are rich in antioxidants, calcium, betaine, B vitamins, copper, zinc and iron which are beneficial for the liver. It can prevent oxidative damage in the liver. It is also popularly used in detox drinks and juices because it can aid in flushing out the toxins which can work wonders for the liver.
4. They are great for our gut health and are known to aid the digestive system as they are rich in fiber. They also help in improving the bowel system
5. This vegetable can also lower your blood glucose levels and regulate your blood sugar levels. A glass of beetroot juice can work wonders for people who have diabetes.