Health Benefits of Peanut Butter: Here's why this delicious spread is good for your health
New Delhi : We've all heard of the popular and delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Well, aside from that we all love a good old peanut butter sandwich as well. That spoonful of sticky and sometimes crunchy peanut butter tastes the best, be it on a slice of bread or right out of the jar. From kids to elderly, everybody loves peanut butter. This delicious spread made out of roasted peanuts is often considered to be unhealthy but that isn't actually true. While peanuts do have fat but it's not the bad fat which is bad for your body. It's actually good fat. Aside from the good fat, peanut butter is also a great source of protein. While it may not be as healthy and nutritious as most health food items, but it is one of the healthiest spread you can turn to. It actually contains zinc, selenium, potassium, iron, magnesium, copper, manganese, vitamin E, folate, vitamin B3, B5 and B6, all of which makes it a nutritious spread. It is also great for people who are suffering from type-2 diabetes or obesity. If you still wonder what health benefits it has; read on.
1. Peanut butter actually has low calories and is known to curb hunger. It has high protein content which can keep you feeling full and reduce cravings.
2. Peanut butter contains P-coumaric acid which can counter the damage done by the cells that cause cardiovascular diseases. It also contains good fat as opposed to bad fat which makes it a great spread for our health.
3. Research shows that peanut butter can have a positive impact on our blood sugar levels and can help in reducing the risk of diabetes.
4. Due to the high protein content and nutrients, peanut butter makes the perfect snack for post-workout or post-gym diet. For anyone who wants to build muscles and be a bodybuilder, this sticky spread is perfect.
5. The healthy fats in peanut butter can work wonders for our brain health and can improve brain function and reduce stress as well as oxidative damage.