Health Care: 6 Tips to Manage your sugar addiction
New Delhi : We all have a foodie in us and most of us enjoy our food more than anything else. But every person has that one food item that is their absolute favourite and they can live off of it for the rest of their lives. If given a chance, they would eat it every single day of their lives. A large number of people have a sweet tooth and love eating sweets of all kinds. While there's nothing wrong with ending your meal with a small dessert, it's not very healthy to overdo it and consume too many sweets. Sugar cravings are normal but sometimes they can get out of hand and harm our health. Everything is good in moderation and when you begin to satisfy every single sugar craving with large quantities of sweets or desserts, that's where you fail to think about your health. This can often lead to sugar addiction and turn pug to be dangerous for your body. It is essential to break the cycle and reduce your consumption of sugar keeping in mind what it can do to your body and health. Most of the desserts we consume do not have any nutritional value and contain added sugar which is not healthy at all and suddenly stopping your sugar intake completely can lead to withdrawal symptoms which can again do a lot of damage. This is why you need to manage your sugar addiction with care and in a healthy manner.
1. Start by ensuring that you eat a healthy and filling meal everyday. If your meal makes you feel full you won't feel the need to end it with a dessert. This can reduce hunger and cravings.
2. Add naturally sweetening spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, cardamom and other such spices. This can satisfy your sugar cravings and make you feel better.
3. Our body uses sugar to produce energy when we feel exhausted. This is why it is essential that you sleep well at night and get adequate rest. Doing so will make you feel a lot more energetic and reduce sugar cravings.
4. Satisfy your sugar cravings by consuming natural sweeteners instead of items with added sugar or artificial sweeteners. You can try eating dry fruits like raisins or dates or simply consume berries or fruits.
5. You can always munch on some dark chocolate when you feel the need to eat something sweet and sugary.
6. Add 2 spoons of apple cider vinegar to one bottle of drinking water and sip on it throughout the day. This can help reduce your cravings.