Make your drinking water interesting with these infused water recipes
New Delhi : Hydration is an essential part of our lives. Most of us don't understand what important role water plays in our health. No matter what the weather may be like, our body needs a certain amount of hydration irrespective of that and it is our responsibility to provide for our health and body. Most people tend to forget to drink enough water which can often lead to health as well as skin problems. Water not only keeps our body hydrated but it also removes the toxins from our body and detoxes it. While numerous companies may want you to invest in expensive detox beverages but the fact is that nothing does it better than water. This is why we all need to drink adequate water throughout the day but with monsoon right on our head, chances are that you will forget all about staying hydrated and plain water can get a little boring. If that's the case with you then it's best that you make some delicious and fun infused water to quench your thirst and stay healthy.
1. Take a jar or a pitcher of clean and filtered drinking water and throw in some freshly cut and peeled slices of cucumber and some fresh mint leaves. You can also add a few drops of lemon juice and put it in the fridge overnight. Cucumber mint water can be really refreshing on a hot day.
2. Peel and chop some watermelon and remove the seeds. Remember to chop it into small pieces and put them in a jar of drinking water. Take some fresh basil, also known as tulsi, leaves and crush them a little and throw them in with the watermelon. You can also add finely chopped basil if you don't want to crush it. Refrigerate it for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
3. Add some finely chopped strawberry slices and 2 slices of fresh lemon in a big jar of drinking water. Remember to use at least 10 strawberries for 1 litre of water. Let it sit in the refrigerator and infuse overnight.
4. Take 2 sticks of cinnamon sticks and put them in a jar of drinking water. Add sliced apples and put it in the fridge for 4 to 5 hours. Remember to not keep it overnight because the cinnamon can make it taste funny.
5. The best detox and refreshing infused water recipe is with kiwi and oranges. Peel some kiwi and cut it into thin slices and put it in a jar of filtered water. Add a few slices of orange as well but remember to let the peel stay on. Let it infuse in the refrigerator for 5 to 6 hours.