Will your relationship work or not? Researchers list 10 signs
New Delhi : We all want a relationship that is long-lasting and loving. We all crave for true love and our ever afters or happy endings but relationships are complicated. Love and relationships are unpredictable, even when things are going perfectly fine, it doesn't mean that your relationship will be your ever after and a major showdown doesn't mean that your relationship won't work. Relationships have their ups and downs but we all need to know if our relationship will work on not. In journal PNAS a study was published which was conducted by an AI (Artificial Intelligence) which studied the result of 43 other relationship studies from across the world along with interviews of over 11,000 couples. This study helped in spotting 10 signs that help us understand if a relationship will work or not. In a conversation with Inverse the first author of the study, Samantha Joel, director of the Relationships Decision Lab at Western University said, "The dynamic that you build with someone — the shared norms, the in-jokes, the shared experiences — is so much more than the separate individuals who make up that relationship,"
1. People who feel unfulfilled or dissatisfied with their lives often don't last long in a relationship. Being happy and content with your life can help you achieve a successful relationship.
2. Negative emotions play a big role in how long our relationship lasts. Feeling hopeless or stressed can weaken our bonds with those around us.
3. Depression is one of the most common mental health problems which often goes untreated and even undiagnosed at times. This can take a toll on a relationship. People who undergo treatment for their mental health learn to build healthier relationships.
4. Many people feel insecure and anxious in a relationship. They may have separation anxiety or simply stress about their partner and worry that their partner may leave them. This can make it difficult to establish and uphold boundaries in a relationship which makes it unhealthy.
5. People who run away from commitment out of fear of being hurt or of being tied down often fail to have successful relationships.
6. Perception also plays an important role in a relationship. Your relationship depends on how committed you think your partner is to you and the relationship. People who feel that their partner is more committed to them have longer relationships.
7. Appreciation and love take you a long way in a relationship. People who appreciate their partner and their relationship tend to have a lasting relationship.
8. No relationship can last without physical intimacy and if you or your partner are not satisfied with each other you may not last long. Good sex is an important part of every relationship.
9. If you think that your partner is happy with you and the relationship it will have a positive impact on your relationship but if you feel that your partner is unhappy that will take a toll on your relationship as well as your mental health.
10. While it is believed that fighting is an important part of a relationship, it is also important to understand that when couples fight too much, chances are that their relationship is going down the drain and may not survive. Constantly fighting with your partner is not a sign of a healthy relationship and unhealthy relationships are not lasting.