Hindu Festivals Calendar 2019: India's Famous Festivals and Events in April Month
New Delhi : The April month is the first month of Hindu festival calendar 2019. It is marked with good number of festivals including the Telugu New Year and Bengali New Year.
The month also includes fast-festival festivals like Chaitra Navaratri, Gangaur Teej, Ram Navami and Hanuman Jayanti. April is auspicious because it started from Ekadashi and this month is ending on Ekadashi only. There is another Ekadashi fasting in the middle.
We bring to you a list of religious Hindu festivals in April 2019. Just take a look:
- April 2 (Tuesday): Pradosha fast (Krishna)
- April 3 (Wednesday): Monthly Shivratri
- April 5 (Friday): Falgun amavasya
- April 6 (Saturday): Chaitra Navratri, Ugadi, Divestiture, Gudi Padva
- April 7 (Sunday): Cheetah clout
- April 8 (Monday): Gangaur Teej
- April 13 (Saturday): Ram Navami
- April 14 (Sunday): Vaisakhi / Baisakhi / Vishu
- April 15 (Monday): Kamada Ekadashi
- April 17 (Wednesday): Pradosha fast (Shukla)
- April 19 (Friday): Hanuman Jayanti, Chaitra Purnima fast
- April 22 (Monday): Sankashti Chaturthi
- April 30 (Tuesday): Varuthini Ekadash
Thus, in this month, there are not 2 but 3 Ekadashi. Such a coincidence is rarely made, because usually 2 akadashi comes in a month. In this way, the first month of Hindu New Year is being considered as very special from Teej-festival and Navratri-fasting perspective.