Sawan 2018: Dates and Puja Vidhi of Shravan Somvar Vrat
New Delhi : Shravan month is dedicated to Lord Shiva. In 2018, Sawan start from Saturday, 28th of July 2018 and will end on Sunday, 26th of August 2018. Shravan Somvar Vrat will be observed on every Monday i.e. on 30th July, 6th August, 13th August and 20th August.
Shravan month is also known as Sawan month in North Indian states. Many devotees observe sixteen Mondays or Solah Somwar fasting from first Somwar of Sawan month.
Sawan 2018 Vrat Dates for Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Bihar
- July 28, 2018(Monday)-First day of Shravan (Sawan) Maas
- July 30, 2018(Monday)-First Shravan Somvar Vrat
- August 06, 2018(Monday)-Second Shravan Somvar Vrat / Kamika Ekadashi Vrat
- August 09, 2018(Thursday)-Shravan Shivratri
- August 13, 2018(Monday)-Third Shravan Somvar Vrat
- August 13, 2018(Monday)-Hariyali Teej
- August 15, 2018(Thursday)-Nag Panchami
- August 20, 2018(Monday)-Fourth Shravan Somvar Vrat
- August 26, 2018(Sunday)-Last day of Shravan (Sawan) Maas / Raksha Bandhan
Things to do in the Month of Sawan:
If possible, a person should keep fast on all the days of Shravan month. He should go to Lord Shiva temple everyday after taking Bath and offer Panchamrut ( A Special preparation made of 5 items viz, milk, curd, ghee, honey & gangajal ) to Lord Shiva as well as Bilva Leaves. A person can consume milk & milk preparations, fruits and other items that are used during fast & pray to Lord Shiva.
If fasting everyday is not possible, then atleast every person should keep fast on every Mondays of Shravan month.
Wearing a Rudraksha during this month is also considered very auspicious.
A person should recite Maha Mrityunjay Mantra for as many times as possible.
Shravan 2018 Maha Mrityunjay Mantra :
" Om Trayambakam Yajamahe Sugandhim Pushti Vardhanam
Urwarukmivbandhanaan Mrityormuksheey Maamritaat "