6 Signs that your partner has commitment phobia
New Delhi : Love is an amazing feeling but not all relationships end well. Relationships are complex and need to be nurtured with a lot of love, care and emotions. Just finding the right person does not make your relationship amazing and successful. It is important to ensure that both the people involved in a relationship are truly committed to each other and don't run away from long-term commitment.
Some people find it very difficult to invest all their energy and emotions in building a relationship with one person. They are scared of being dedicated to one person in the long run. These people have commitment problems and are known as commitment-phobic. This can cause a lot of trouble and pain in a relationship to both the people involved and this is why it is very important to spot the signs of commitment phobia before things get out of hand. Because being in a relationship with a commitment-phobic can be like going on a roller coaster ride.
Here are some signs that your partner has commitment phobia.
1. Your partner is scared of putting a label on it and calling you their girlfriend or boyfriend. They may like you and care for you and enjoy spending time with you but they won't be the one to tell you that they love you and if you make the move, chances are that they will flee in the other direction.
2. They may not seem very invested in the relationship and won't take the fights seriously and will probably fail to introduce you to their close friends and social circle. They may also be reluctant to meet your family or friends.
3. People with commitment problems have difficulty in sharing their feelings and emotions and find it tough to open up to people. They may not share their past or their happy or sad memories or stories with you and shut you out of their life.
4. Such people may talk about their future but they won't be willing to discuss or talk about a future which involves you. They might talk about the career and their dreams, goals and ambitions but they will exclude you from their future and refuse to see where the relationship goes in the long run.
5. The quality of their past relationships can help you spot a commitment phone. Someone who fears commitment will not have had any long-term relationships and will only have had flings and short-term relationships in the past.
6. They do not prioritise relationships and this means that you will not be a priority for them. They may limit the time that they spend with you and avoid getting emotionally involved. They may not be there for you when you need them and push you away.