How to make Aadhaar card for children up to 5 years
New Delhi : Aadhaar which was launched in 2009 as an optional document has become compulsory in recent days. The 12-digit unique identity number is considered to be the most reliable proof of identity and address for Indian residents.
Nowadays, many schools are also asking for Aadhaar card at the time of admission. As such, UIDAI has issued a new Aadhaar card for children below 5 years of age. The base card is blue in color and will be considered as identity proof document of the particular child.
How to make Aadhaar Card for Children up to 5 years
To create Aadhaar card for children up to 5 years including new-borns, you have to submit birth certificate of your child and the Aadhaar card for any one of the parents. No biometrics of the child is taken in this case but once the child is five years old, he has to provide the biometric data of all 10 fingers and iris scan. Only the child’s photograph is taken for the base card.
Steps to apply for Aadhaar card for children below/up to 5 years
- Visit a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
- Fill the Aadhaar Enrolment Form mentioning your Aadhaar number as well
- Your child’s photograph is taken
- Fill the address and other demographic details
- Provide birth certificate for children
- The Aadhaar executive will hand over the acknowledgement slip that contains the enrolment number
- The enrolment number can be used to check the status of Aadhaar generation
- You will get your child’s Aadhaar within 90 days
- Aadhaar card for children between 5 to 15 years
After a child attains 5 years of age, he/she has to fulfil similar condition like an adult does while making the Aadhaar card. To make Aadhaar card for children between 5 to 15 years, the child's biometric details need to be updated. The birth certificate has to be provided in all cases.
The biometric data ((all 10 fingerprints, iris scan and photograph)) can be updated again in the later stages of life in case biometrics does not match in future.
- How to Get ePAN card online at home with Aadhaar card details
- How to Apply For Aadhaar Card In Post Office?
- How to make Aadhaar card for children up to 5 years
- Aadhaar card misuse information, don’t miss or your card will damage
- How to link Aadhaar card from mobile wallet, important things to know
- How to change your email address,name, phone number on Aadhaar card online