Sleep Problems: 5 tips that can help you get a sound sleep
New Delhi : With the current scenario, we're all spending a lot of time at home which in turn has an impact on our lifestyle. In order to stay healthy, we all need to follow a healthy lifestyle and set a fixed routine. While this may sound easy, it can be very difficult for some of us. A lot of people are night owls and end up staying up all night and then there are those who are troubled due to a disturbed sleep cycle and find it very difficult to sleep peacefully. It is essential to understand that sleep plays a major role when it comes to our health. Lack of sleep can lead to a lot of health problems and can also take a toll on your mental health. It can also lead to other symptoms like lethargy, mood swings, lack of concentration, fatigue, stress and other such problems. This is why every person needs to be very careful with their sleep and do things that can help them get a good night's sleep. Here are some easy natural ways to do that.
1. Try drinking a cup of calming chamomile tea. This tea is known to reduce stress and helps you stay calm and relaxes your body which can help you fall into a peaceful sleep as soon as you hit the bed.
2. A good scent can go a long way in helping you fall asleep. Take some lavender essential oil and put a few drops on your pillow or your hand and sniff it. This can put you in a better mood and reduce stress and promote sleep.
3. Include some workout in your day. A lot of us are stuck at home and fail to do any exercise which means that your body is not really tired enough. Go for a run or do some yoga or Zumba in the evening and it might help you sleep better.
4. Sometimes the tension in our mind and body can make it very difficult for us to fall asleep and the best way to relax is to have a nice warm bath. A warm bath a few hours before your bedtime can help your muscles relax and put you in a better mood and it can also induce sleep.
5. You can also try to meditate or breathing exercises to help you fall asleep. There are some nice apps available online which have guided sleeping meditation audios and even some nice sleep stores that can help you catch some much-needed Z's